Tips to Become A Better Writer (for ESL Learners)
Good writing skill is not a natural gift. You have to learn to write well. The following are some tips on how an ESL learner can become a better writer.
- Read widely. By reading a lot, you will store your mind with facts, thoughts, illustrations and general information. You need all these for the content of your writing.
- Observe life around you. Then, practise writing short descriptions of what you see in everyday life.
- Keep practicing. Practice makes perfect, so you need to write regularly. As you write more, your writing skills will get better.
- Always revise your work. Always allow time to revise your work and rewrite it.
- You may as well share your work with your friends or your teachers to get feedback and suggestions.