Writing A+ Essays
I came across an article written by Professor Gurnam Kaur Sidhu, in Dewan Siswa (September 2012) which I find very interesting and helpful. The title of the article is Mastering Effective Writing. The following are some of the important points taken from the article:
- a good essay must be clear, short and to the point, easy to understand and accurate.
- avoid lengthy (long and complicated) sentences so that you will make less grammar and punctuation mistakes.
- use connectors so that sentences and ideas flow smoothly.
- organize paragraphs well by following the 3E rule - Explain, Elaborate and give Examples.
- it is better to use the active voice than the passive.
For more information you can read the full article on page 42-43, Dewan Siswa (September 2012).