Analysing the Characters in One is One and All Alone
- Main character.
- 11 years old; the only child on the spaceship heading towards Trion.
- Lonely and bored.
- Misses personal interactions with her parents as her Dad is busy with his work and Mum is away.
- Relies on the VoicePrinter (VP) for companionship and information.
- Intelligent: she masters the cloning technology and created a clone of herself.
- Short sighted as her cloning plan backfires.
- Clo becomes a nuisance to her.
- Clo in turn gets rid of Trish through the Disposal Hatch instead.
- Identical twin created by Trish in the Biolab using cloning technology.
- Trish's friend and companion before she "got sick" of her.
- Quick thinking as she out manoeuvres Trish and gets rid of her creator.
- Cautious, as she assumes Trish's identity at the end of the story.
- Executive Officer of the spaceship.
- Busy and preoccupied with work as the captain of the spaceship.
- Tries to spend time with Trish, his daughter at the diner; indulging her with chocolate milkshakes.
- Does not realise that Trish has been replaced by Clo at the end of the story.
- Versatile and intelligent computer.
- Tutor and companion to Trish in her lonely days.
- An avenue for Trish's private thoughts, feelings and opinions.
Source: Curriculum Development Division. Ministry of Education Malaysia. 2010